Family Home Visiting
Partner with a nurse at any stage of pregnancy and parenting, birth to three to maximize your health, build confidence, and navigate transitions to parenthood. This relationship-based parenting support creates an environment for you to learn and ask questions, navigate challenges, celebrate and work toward developmental milestones, and connect to services. Visits with your nurse will be tailored based on your goals, and will take place in the home, a place of your choosing, online, or by phone.
- Work toward your goals for a healthy pregnancy
- Learn to breast/chestfeed and overcome challenges
- Get what you need to prepare for your baby, including car seats, breast pumps, and baby carriers
- Understand your baby’s cues as you set the foundations for early communication
- Find support in recovery from a pregnancy loss or termination
- Learn about your growing infant’s development and creative ideas for play
- Create a safe environment for learning and development
- Explore your family’s strengths and manage stress
- Connect to healthcare, childcare, & other services available in our community
- Set goals for your family’s future, and find ways to reach them
The Parent-Child Health Nurse makes an effort to reach out to every family following news of a birth in Cook County, but you can request a visit at any time during or after pregnancy. Participation is voluntary, and there is no out-of-pocket cost. You may choose to have a single visit or build an ongoing relationship through a series of visits.
To make an appointment, contact:
Hannah Miller, RN, PHN, CLC
tel. (218)387-2330, mobile (218)370-2074