Human milk protects infant and parent health and provides optimal nutrition. A nurse/certified lactation counselor is here to assist you in meeting your infant feeding goals. What benefits come from connecting with a lactation counselor?
- Make a plan for feeding that meets your family’s needs
- Prepare for an easier start with an understanding of newborn reflexes, feeding cues, and managing milk supply
- Weigh your baby and build confidence
- Overcome breastfeeding challenges toward a comfortable, enjoyable bonding experience
- Get familiar with positions and strategies for latching
- Learn to express and store your milk for emergencies or planned time away from your baby
- Make a plan for expressing milk at work and find support in conversations with employers
- Get help with balancing the introduction of solid foods with continued breastfeeding
- Learn about how to produce milk again if you’ve stopped and want to start again
- Navigate lactation after pregnancy loss
- Find support for weaning
You can request a free nurse visit to support you at any point in your journey. Visits will be tailored based on your goals and will take place in the home, a place of your choosing, online, or by phone.
To make an appointment, contact:
Hannah Miller, RN, PHN, CLC
tel. (218)387-2330, mobile (218)370-2074