If you feel sick or have any questions about COVID-19 please call the clinic at (218)387-2330. Our nurses are here to help.
Covid Safety at Sawtooth Mountain Clinic
- Patients entering Sawtooth Mountain Clinic will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. If you have symptoms, and you’ve also got a negative COVID test from SMC or North Shore Health, you can be seen in the clinic. Unfortunately, if you have negative results from a home test or haven’t been tested, you can’t come into the clinic waiting area or be seen in person. To get guidance regarding your symptoms and your appointment, call SMC before you make the trip: 218-387-2330.
- Per CDC guidelines, masks are required inside SMC and all health care facilities.
- Our goal is to keep people as safe as possible. To do this:
COVID Testing Information
If you are testing because you are symptomatic with no known exposure, please stay home until you receive a negative test result.
If you are testing because you are a close contact, please complete your quarantine guidance, even if you receive a negative test. Watch for symptoms throughout your quarantine, and re-test if you develop symptoms.
- Local testing: For symptomatic and/or exposure-based testing, call Sawtooth Mountain Clinic at 218-387-2330. Testing is available Monday through Friday at 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 a.m. Please note that the clinic is not open on Sunday. All testing for Sunday and Monday morning needs to be scheduled before the clinic closes at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday. At-home test kits are sometimes available at the screener stations at both SMC and North Shore Health. If you test positive, please call Cook County Public Health at 218-387-3605. They can help talk you through isolation and quarantine recommendations for yourself and your household.
- Travel testing: Travel Testing Website Information.pdf (northshorehealthgm.org) Sawtooth Mountain Clinic does not offer testing for travel purposes. North Shore Health (NSH) Hospital offers a limited number of COVID-19 tests for asymptomatic people who are traveling to countries that require testing prior to entry.
COVID-19 Informational Resources
Sawtooth Mountain Clinic
Stay up to date with Sawtooth Mountain Clinic’s response to COVID-19 through these platforms:
State and National
Resources recommended by Dr. Kurt Farchmin, Cook County COVID-19 Response’s Medical Director:
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Expert Insights
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)