Call the clinic at 218-387-2330 to schedule an appointment to get your COVID-19 vaccine.
If you feel sick or have any questions about COVID-19, please call the clinic. Our nurses are here to help.
Covid-19 Safety at Sawtooth Mountain Clinic
- Patients may mask voluntarily with the following exceptions:
- Patients must mask
- if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- if they have tested positive for COVID-19 and are outside of the 5-day isolation period but within the 10-day precautionary period outlined in CDC and MDH guidelines. (CDC guidelines)
- Patients must mask
- Patients entering Sawtooth Mountain Clinic will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. If you have symptoms, and you’ve also got a negative COVID test from SMC or North Shore Health, you can be seen in the clinic. Unfortunately, if you have negative results from a home test or haven’t been tested, you can’t come into the clinic waiting area or be seen in person. To get guidance regarding your symptoms and your appointment, call SMC before you make the trip: 218-387-2330.
- Our goal is to keep people as safe as possible. To do this:
- Starting September 15, 2023, the CDC recommended that all people over the age of 6 months receive an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect themselves from severe outcomes due to COVID-19 this fall and winter. Not only does vaccination continue to be the strongest protection against hospitalization and death due to COVID-19, but also reduces your chance of suffering from Long COVID.
- Everyone 5 and older should receive the updated COVID-19 vaccine, even if the person has not been vaccinated at all against COVID-19. For children ages 6 months-4 years who have not yet been vaccinated against COVID-19, as well as those who are moderately or severely immunocompromised, contact the clinic for updated recommendations. If you were recently vaccinated against COVID-19, you should wait two months before receiving the updated vaccine.
If you have questions about vaccination recommendations, are not sure if you are “up to date”, please call 218-387-2330.
For more information about vaccination in Grand Portage, please call (218) 475-2235.
COVID Testing Information
Please call the clinic for most up to date PCR testing availability.
Free at-home rapid tests are available at the Sawtooth Mountain Clinic Pharmacy.
Call Cook County Public Health at 218-387-3605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or to share your positive OTC test results.
COVID-19 Informational Resources
Sawtooth Mountain Clinic
Stay up to date with Sawtooth Mountain Clinic’s response to COVID-19 through these platforms:
State and National
Resources recommended by Dr. Kurt Farchmin, Cook County COVID-19 Response’s Medical Director:
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Expert Insights
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)