Sawtooth Mountain Clinic strives to ensure a positive work environment in which every employee is considered a valuable member of the health care team. Competitive wages, benefits for full-time staff, and opportunities for professional growth are only a part of what it means to work at SMC. If you are interested in joining our team, please fill out an employment application.
Sawtooth Mountain Clinic Attn: Human Resources
513 5th Ave West
Grand Marais, MN 55604
If there are no current job openings, employment applications will be kept on file for a full year.
Current Positions Available
Pharmacist - Pharmacy Manager
The Sawtooth Mountain Clinic Pharmacy is currently seeking a Pharmacist to act as our Pharmacy Manager. This is an amazing opportunity to provide essential pharmacy services to patients and visitors of Cook County, MN. Because the SMC Pharmacy is an integrated part of Sawtooth Mountain Clinic, this position offers ample opportunity to collaborate with Providers and act as a key member of a collaborative care team.
This position is being hired by Cardinal Health – link to job description and application materials can be found at
Clinical Assistant - Full Time
The Clinical Assistant is responsible for supporting the efficient flow of direct patient care during the clinic day. The Clinical Assistant works with a team of 2-4 floor nurses to assist clinic doctors, nurse practitioners and registered nurses in providing sensitive care to patients of all ages, economic levels, cultures and backgrounds.
- Ready patient for provider’s examination: taking vital signs, brief history, allergies and medications, as well as other screenings according to protocol
- Assist providers in various sterile and non-sterile procedures
- Screenings and tests including but not limited to: audiometry, EKG, spirometry, and INR testing
- Administer immunizations and immunization education
- Medication administration
- Administrative duties such as reminder letters and phone call routing
- Appropriate documentation of all encounters in EMR
- Stocking, organizing and cleaning as needed
- All other duties as assigned or requested by Director of Nursing or Assistant Director of Nursing
- High School Diploma or GED
- LPN preferred, not required
- One or more years of experience in the healthcare field
- Strong interpersonal skills
Salary: Commensurate with educational background and experience
Benefits: As defined in Sawtooth Mountain Clinic’s Employee Handbook
This position will remain open until filled