New Patients and Visitors
While we appreciate the positive impact that visitors have on our community, we ask that you refrain from traveling to Cook County, MN if you are sick. If you get sick while visiting Cook County we recommend that you go home. Your home healthcare system will have all of your health information and the resources to best address your healthcare needs.
To learn more about Cook County’s response to COVID-19, please visit our COVID-19 page.
If you are new to the area or just looking to transfer your care to Sawtooth Mountain Clinic from another facility, you will want to follow these steps:
- Transfer your medical records from any former medical facilities. You can do this by contacting those facilities and asking them to send your records, or you can fill out our Release of Information form, and we will request them. Send “Release of Information” requests to email@example.com.
- Call the clinic at 218-387-2330 to schedule an appointment with one of our providers and get established as a patient. Learn more about our telehealth options here.
- The New Patient Registration forms can be completed in one of two ways:
- Emailed to you via a secure website with fillable forms, or
- Fill out your New Patient Registration forms prior to your appointment.
We are a primary care facility. Depending on schedule availability, we can occasionally accommodate same-day appointments for more acute needs. If a patient needs to be seen immediately, the Emergency Department at North Shore Health is open 24/7.
If you are visiting Cook County or are otherwise not established at SMC and believe you need to be seen by a medical professional, please call and ask to speak with our triage nurse. The triage nurse can answer medical questions and help decide if you should be scheduled for a telehealth visit or an in-clinic visit. If you are from out of town and just visiting, then the triage nurse may recommend that you go home to be treated at your home healthcare facility.