Health Care Home Panel
Sawtooth Mountain Clinic is a Certified Health Care Home. This means that we provide a team-based approach to linking primary care with wellness, prevention, self-management and community services. We are looking for participants to join our Health Care Home Patient Panel.
What is the Health Care Home Panel?
It is a diverse group of current patients or family members who represent the collective voice of our patients and families. Panel members offer advice, information and recommendations to support patient care, planning, policies and procedures. Information provided by this group will assist staff in improving communications, patient safety, facility design, patient and family education, and satisfaction.
Patient confidentiality and HIPPA guidelines will be respected. Due to the confidential nature of topics and patient privacy, panel members will be required to sign a privacy and confidentiality contract.
What types of issues will the panel address?
The panel may discuss any aspect of clinic operations, patient experience, facility design and patient safety or communication. The goals of the council are to:
- Strengthen decision-making by drawing upon the diverse experiences and viewpoints of the people who look to Sawtooth Mountain Clinic for care.
- Offer insight and recommendations for improving quality, service, safety, access, education and patient/family satisfaction.
- Enhance relationships between Sawtooth Mountain Clinic patients, families and the community.
What if I am an employee or a family member of an employee?
All applicants will be considered for membership on the HCH Patient Panel.
What Qualifications is SMC looking for in Panel Members?
- Willingness to talk about the positive and negative care experience as a patient or family member of a patient and respectfully share ideas about how things could have gone differently.
- Willingness to speak up and share suggestions and potential solutions to help improve patient experience.
- Ability to listen to and think about what others say, even when you disagree.
When and where are meetings held?
Meetings will be held quarterly. Meetings are tentatively set for the 3rd Wednesday of September, December, March and June at 10AM in the SMC lower level classroom. We prefer members to attend meetings in person, however, participation via phone call/ video conference is available if needed.
What type of commitment is required?
We ask members to make an initial one-year commitment. We also understand that “life happens” and commitments may need to be amended.
Call Sawtooth Mountain Clinic at 218-387-2330 and ask for Afton at ext. 165 with any questions or apply below if you are interested in serving on the Health Care Home Panel.