Sawtooth Mountain Clinic Pharmacy
Thank you for choosing our pharmacy! Our goal is to offer the most affordable medication options possible while providing outstanding customer service. Here are some helpful tips for how to use our pharmacy.
Telephone: (218) 877-8277
Address: 513 5th Ave W
Grand Marais, MN 55604
Monday-Friday: 9:00am-12:30pm and 1:00pm-6:00pm
HOW CAN I FILL A NEW PRESCRIPTION?
- After your appointment, register at the pharmacy window in the clinic lobby. Let them know if you would like to wait to pick up your medicine that same day or come back later.
- If applicable, show your insurance card upon checking in so that the pharmacy can easily bill your insurance.
Let the pharmacy know if:
- You have any allergies to medications or food.
- You are pregnant.
**If you need to get lab work, check in with the pharmacy first, and your prescription will likely be done by the time you are done with your lab work.
HOW CAN I GET REFILLS ON MY MEDICINES?
The fastest way to get a refill is to call the pharmacy directly, not your doctor.
Please allow 48-72 hours for the pharmacy to get your refills ready.
Please call the automated system at 218-877-8277 when you have 3 pills or 3 days left so that you will not miss any days of medication.
- If you need to transfer a prescription from another pharmacy, press 1. Click here for the Pharmacy Transfer Form, print, fill it out, and then bring it to the pharmacy. If you prefer, you can fax it to the pharmacy at 218-877-8279.
- To check on the status of your refill, press 3.
- For pharmacy hours and location, press 4.
- If you are calling from a physician’s office, press 5.
- To speak with pharmacy staff during business hours, press 0.
- Please let us know if you would like to sign up for a call when ready or text when ready.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR PILL BOTTLE
The number of refills you have of your medicine can be found on the bottom left of the prescription label on the pill bottle.
**If you have zero refills or your prescription is expired, please contact the pharmacy and allow 3-4 days for the pharmacy to get a new prescription from your doctor.
In general, one prescription will take 15-20 minutes to fill. The more prescriptions you have the longer it takes to get them ready. Our number one priority to make sure we are filling your prescriptions accurately, appropriately, and safely.
Please remember to pick up your prescriptions within 7 days after requesting them. If you do not pick up your prescription, our pharmacy will return it to the shelves and reimburse your insurance if applicable.